This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

Blueberry Chocolate Blunders.

There is a shelf in our walk-in pantry. Actually, there are several selves. This particular shelf is the top shelf. On this top shelf, there is a small clear container heralding the words "Dark Chocolate Blueberry."
I am an eater. I eat. I do not eat lunch. I am not a lunch eater. I usually munch on a snack somewhere between two and four before dinner. I am a snacker. So, when I go for a snack thinking "I'm hungry, I want something to eat...but not enough to spoil dinner." I head to this walk-in pantry. About a week ago this clear container appeared on the top shelf. It contained (and still does contain) small slightly flat looking spheres, which are either completely chocolate, or at least chocolate covered. They look just like chocolate espresso beans. So, in the past week, every time I've gone into the pantry (somewhere between zero and twenty times) I've looked at this clear container of "Dark Chocolate Blueberry" (No plurals) I've wondered: What is it? and what does it taste like?
My Dad makes blueberry coffee in the mornings, sometimes. The beans smell just like coffee and blueberries.
Blueberries and I have always had a strained relationship. When I was little I never ate them, fearing I would dislike them. When I got a littler older, I loved them. Now I am somewhere in the middle.
Perhaps a month ago, just where the "Dark Chocolate Blueberry" now stands there stood a similar looking container containing chocolate covered espresso beans. Those were fairly good.
For a week I've wondered: Are these blueberries covered chocolate? Or are they blueberry coffee beans covered in chocolate? Not knowing which it was....I would inevitably turn away and search for something else to eat.
Today I didn't. Today I stared that clear container with the words "Dark Chocolate Blueberry" square in the eye and said the title of another The Strokes song. "You only live once" and took that container down of the shelf.
I opened it up as I had often imagined myself doing, and took one of those little devils out of the box and ate it.
...Looks like I'll be waiting to eat till dinner.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Michael. Eat lunch. Don't snack. Your metabolism-slash-forty year old self will thank you.

Micah E. said...

I've always heard that snacking is fine, since more small meals are better than three large ones.

But you shouldn't skip breakfast, you need to kickstart your metabolism. When you're forty.

K-Mac said...

haha, Michael I just love the way you write :)
so...what were they? geez, way to leave me hangin'

Kay said...

I dearly love snacking. And, I still don't understand what happened in the end.

Micah E. said...

I don't really have anything else to say, other than the word verification is "repants" and I didn't think it would be right to pass up an opportunity like that.

JordanD.Gray said...

I would love to say that we have somthing in commin when it comes to eating food, but we dont.
I eat just about anything that looks the slightest bit edible.

I also as you know, eat all three meals Breakfast,lunch,and dinner and more meals inbetween, including snacks.

Well I guess we do have somthing in common wen it comes to eating, I like snacking too.

Grace Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.