This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

Doubt

May 3rd


God, what have you done?
Why did you make us this way?
Must clay be obedient?
Have you torn us down to build us up?
Have you buried us in to dig us out?
What if you have?
Would it matter?
The shadow proves the sunshine.
But who caused the shadow?
I know you are holy but I don't understand.
God, why? Why must we be broken before we are whole?
You could have ordered
the world anyway you liked.
Why this way?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

Micah E. said...

This defines the "hate" part of my love/hate relationship with questions.

Michael said...

What do you mean?

Micah E. said...

I mean that questions are great, but you can't have doubt without questions. Some things I wish I didn't question, some things I hate questioning, some things I hate doubting.

I want surety, doubt makes that impossible.

Michael said...

Yes. Then I would have to agree with you. I never thought of "Questions" that way before. You're absolutely right. I don't like questioning things like this. In fact, it was weird of me to post this, because I'd rather not think things like that, but sometimes I do.

I have a love/hate relationship with doubt as well. Henry Drummond said that doubt ought to be respected for its origin, it helps us to achieve truth, and it is based in a desire not to be "wrong" about what is true.

JordanD.Gray said...

???

JordanD.Gray said...

God has a reason for everything, he wouldn't have made things the way they were if there was no reason for it.

Michael said...

I know that, but I don't know what that reason is. And that bugs me.