This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

A blog post. Because I can.

1. I care too much about winning and not enough about putting in the work to win.


2. Nanowrimo is slowing down. It's week two, and I really know what that means. I've written 60 words day, it's horrible.

3. Is "connecting" with someone all in a single persons head? and it just happens to be in separate peoples heads at once? I wonder if one person can think the have "connected" with someone else, and the other person does not.

4. "Neighbors? I have no neighbors Friends? I have no friends. This is my independence. This is my victory." -Remembering (Wendall Berry). To b independent is to be alone. To have friends, actual friends is to be dependent on other people, and for them to be dependent on you. I don't think God meant us to be dependent only on him in the sense of not needing other people. God was not entirely content within himself, was he? No, He was. He created the world out of his contentedness. He created the world as an expression of His own completeness. But he did not make one man, he made many, because it is not good for Man to be alone. Fellowship with those of your own kind the way of the world, or the way of life, the way of existence (even in God, the trinity). Our victory, or my victory is independence, but that victory isn't worth having.

5. The progress of yesteryear is the sentimentalism of this year.

6. Faith is what bridges the gap created by humans faulty mind. In heaven our minds will be restored and there will be no need for faith. But like grace, faith is a beautiful virtue. If reason truly does contradict faith, I am not sure I can support faith. But if faith finishes what reason can only start, then it is wonderful. And I think that it is wonderful.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Doood, I was feeling week twoish last Wednesday. I hate NaNo for making me feel like a lame face!

#3 - I set aside my cynicism for a little bit, and think that some human communication transcends language. Sometimes people magically connect outside of just one person's head. And sometimes they don't, and then it's really awkward. Chyeah.

"If reason truly does contradict faith, I am not sure I can support faith." :-/

Art said...

1. My response is a confused poem (on my blog)
3. Hmmm... very interesting question. I think the feeling of connection sometimes arises when two people realize something they have in common, or think along the same lines. Other times, someone can feel connected but the other doesn't know they have something common, and therefore the other person doesn't feel connected.
4. Mmm.
5. "Faith is what bridges the gap created by humans faulty mind." Why do you say that? I seem to think faith is needed because we can't *see* God. But then even if we could see Him, could we trust our senses? What will knowledge be like in heaven?
"If reason truly does contradict faith, I am not sure I can support faith. But if faith finishes what reason can only start, then it is wonderful." =) I think I agree. Blind faith is one thing, faith in a faithful God is another.

Art said...

Hey, thanks for fixing your description of yourself. ("I hungry" versus "I am hungry"... yeah)

Your friend,
Snoot