This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

New Years resolutions.

I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions. For one thing, people infamously don't keep them and for another they assign arbitrary significance to the New Year (nothing changes except for how you sign things. The fiscal year doesn't even change on that date). However, this year I thought "why not?" and went ahead writing a couple of things down. This blog post is a way of me setting myself up for failure, forcing me to try harder to avoid embarrassment. At the beginning of each month (or perhaps the end, the date is of little significance other than to have a reasonable deadline) I'll tell you how I did on keeping these in the past month. Honestly. So let's get started.



1. Read at least two books every month.
These books must not be school related, at least in the strict sense of the word. So far I haven't finished any books in the month of January.



2. Read the bible in one month
I'm thinking June, or perhaps July. Basically any month that is far away from now. To some this may seem daunting, to some this may seem simple enough. I'm definitely in the group that says it's daunting.


3. Eat more chicken.


4. Every month, pick one food that I don't like and try to make myself like it. This month's goal: Tomatos. Perhaps next month it'll be peanut butter. But I'll miss the emotional connection I make with people who also don't like peanut butter. It's always nice to find another believer, you know?
So, there they are. Nothing really life changing, just some "personally challenges" if you will.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Art said...

"It's always nice to find another believer, you know?" :laughs: :D

These sound like good ideas.

I'm going back to Model UN stuff, really I am.

Hayley said...

Can you hear how loudly I'm applauding number four? ! :D

The first picture grossed me out. Just putting that out there.

Micah E. said...

I agree with Hayley on both counts.
Also, if you do make yourself like tomatoes, you should collaborate with Jacob to come here in the summer for some awesome tomato salads.

Michael said...

I knew it would gross you out, Hayley. Just puttin' that out there.

Kaitlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaitlyn said...

#4 humors me.

#2 sounds like a neat (daunting) idea.

I must be missing the significance of #3...?

I'm glad you posted these. They are quite interesting.