This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

A boring story.

I sit at the bar like area of the coffee shop in Barnes and Noble and stare aimlessly toward the counter. I'm hot, should I get something cold to drink? What should I get? There is Naked juice in a cooler, I'm not sure I'm in the mood to try something new, even if everyone seems to rage about it. I'll just got the Pineapple Orange Guava juice I was considering . . . . right.

I cross three lanes of traffic and then jump over the fence to get to the T station at Kenmore square. I'm going to have to put some money on my Charlie card.
I carefully place the Nantucket juice with only a few sips taken out of it on top of the charlie card machine. Huh, it would be so easy to forget it's there, I'm sure plenty of people have done that before. Well, make a mental note, it's right up there, don't forget it. I try to put five dollars into the machine. It spits it back out. I try again. No luck. Instead I try putting three singles in the machine, it spits those out as well. Perhaps it's the machine. I try the machine next to it. Ah! success. I put my wallet away, and tap my charlie card on the entrance . . . thingamabob. A green line train is just pulling up. "The destination of this train is: Government Center. Perfect! The train is practically empty. I sit down, settling in for a long ride. The doors close.
My juice!

Post Script: Later, I get off the train and walk toward the exit. Above one the charlie card machines is a cup of coffee. At least I'm not the only one.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Micah E. said...

This is a very tragic boring-story.

Kay said...

POG!!! yay!
i'm sorry you forgot it. :(

Grace Joan said...

probably the best thing I've read all day.

I'm very sorry for you.

But you did deserve it.

Hayley said...

Solidarity.

K-Mac said...

hehe :P