This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

"You shouldn't think what you're feeling."

I rush through things. I read books quickly, don't stop till I'm finished. I stop and think when my thoughts cloud my reading so much that I can't go on. Only when I am drowned in thought do I sit down to digest them, consider them, examine them. I don't go out of my way to examine one thought. I wait until I have a dozen, and then sift through them trying to make sense of it all.


Wouldn't it be easier if I took thoughts one at a time? If I let life come to me slowly, and I was patient enough to listen and think? If . . . if I was patient enough to question everything, to go into the room of all that I throw out of my head, to stare in the face what I avoid thinking about.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Hayley said...

You sound more like Wendell Berry each day.

Hayley said...

[I mean this, of course, as a compliment.]

Michael said...

I don't want to be Wendell Berry! I want to be me. :)

Hayley said...

Even Snow Patrol was influenced by U2. ;P