This blog is not updated often enough. This blog often has typos in it because I post too quickly. If you follow it, you won't be bothered too often.
RSS

May 28th

There is this damn reader

who keeps on jotting down notes
in the book of Billy Collins poetry
that I am reading.

"Slow down, take your time?"
"The importance of books, knowledge."

I wish that I could find
this insightful little twerp
and snap in half that
finely sharpened pencil of his,
or perhaps write on him with it:

"Desperate to comprehend - 'understand' "

But suppose he began reading
this poem and left it completely blank,
untouched, nothing underlined,
no arrows or notes, not one single
misguided comment to clutter up
the margins with - Ha! just like him
to disregard my work like that!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: